Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

  • Monday, Adviser gave me some good news on my proposal: "Great Progress!" I celebrated by not doing any more work.
  • Tuesday, I had a day full of supervision and counseling to do. The administration and traveling was a good excuse to not work on my proposal.
  • Wednesday, I had no excuse not to work other than that my back has been achingly sore the whole week. Prolonged sitting would not help it get better any faster. I did spent time clearing off more administration work and spent more time with the kids.
  • Thursday, American Thanksgiving day, I did two hours of transcribing of a pilot interview. That made me happy. The rest of the day/evening was spent with friends. Imagine that. I still have friends.
  • Friday, I met with my buddies for breakfast and went for my haircut. I did not do any work. But for the first time in 8 days, I was able to wake up and get out of bed without remembering that my back was sore. A good sign.
I would say that I have had a good break and it is time to get back into action. Especially now that my back is doing much better. Saturday's goal is to work for four hours.

I am thankful for the Thanksgiving break. I will not feel guilty for having taken it. No, I will not.

3 comments:

Heather Floyd said...

Hmmm, you sound relaxed. I hope your break made your return that much more productive.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your break. It's important.
I'm really pleased to have discovered this network of fellow PhD bloggers. Check out my blog at peacockbird.co.uk

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Hi Chloe. Welcome to our loosely affiliated network of graduate student (and some post-grad) scholars.