Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Short Bursts

I'm experimenting with working on my proposal over short bursts of time. Why? Because a deadline for scholarship is looming ahead, and I need to get to work, and I don't have the luxury of large chunks of time.

I am finding it frustrating that I cannot spend more time going deeper. The nice irony is, even though it cuts my time for going deeper, it also cuts my lead up time [read: procrastination] to actually getting productive. I get less done in one sitting but I get more actual work done in the longer term.

I'm going to keep experimenting. A coffee shop, ear plugs, a mobile laptop, good internet connectivity, and the right reading material are all that's needed. Last but not least, the changes of scene from one burst to another is most enjoyable!

No comments: