Friday, March 13, 2009

One More Reason Why Transcribing Has Been Slow


With reference to my earlier post this morning (Friday morning here in C-o-R), I remember now why it has taken me so long to transcribe: Technology.

I use a MacBook.  MaxQDA runs on Windows.  I purchased Parallels which allows me to run Windows on Mac OS.  All that is fine... on the surface.

For the past hour, I have been trying to figure out where to store my MaxQDA files.  I have to figure out if I need to store them in an encrypted folder (through the Mac OS); I need to figure out if the folder can be backed-up onto my external hard drive (check! yay.); and I need to figure out if the files in the Mac OS encrypted folder can be accessed by MaxQDA running on windows (checking and still having problems...).

It's no wonder transcribing has felt like administrative work.  I remember now: I *had* been doing software administrative work, and when interrupted, had been glad to acquiesce.

Grumble, grumble.

No comments: